BEN MUSCAT | Executive Consultant
BSc. (Hons), MAusIMM
Ben joined the Hetherington team in 2014 and is a Principal Consultant located in our Sydney Hetherington office.
As a qualified scientist and soon to be lawyer, Ben has spent the last decade specializing in tenement management, mining law and environmental law. working with some of the largest ASX listed and privately owned mining and exploration companies, across all jurisdictions of Australia, and internationally, including Pacific Region, New Zealand and Canada. Ben has personally managed portfolios of over 350 tenements, and associated approvals.
Ben has a proven track record and extensive experience in:
- Land, tenement and approval management in the resources sector.
- Environmental and planning approvals including specialist and strategic advice spanning project inception, operation and closure.
- Advice in relation to land access and compensation resolution, Native Title processes and procedures, Aboriginal and cultural heritage management and compliance.
- Management of property and land tenure relating to resource projects including underlying rights and obligations, Crown tenures, private leases and agreements, and conflicting tenures.
- Project planning and advisory roles in the ongoing management and reduction of environmental liabilities associated with exploration and mining operations.
Prior to joining Hetherington, Ben was an Environmental Scientist with Cardno, an award-winning international North American and Asia Pacific engineering and environmental services firm (now part of Stantec). In this role, Ben managed field, laboratory and desktop assessment of environmental performance and compliance with environmental approvals across the resources, energy and development sectors.
He also managed environmental data acquisition and reporting in accordance with approval conditions.